Rodents can be a serious health risk due to the diseases they can spread, particularly in kitchens or areas where children play.The basic signs of mice:
- Droppings – Mice leave small, dark droppings in areas of significant activity such as in cupboards or under sinks.
- Distinctive smell – Mice urine leaves an ammonia-like smell that will be strong in enclosed areas such as under cupboards and in loft spaces.
- Nests – Mice build nests with shredded material such as newspaper and fabrics. These will tend to be in quiet, hidden places such as loft insulation.
- Scratching – noises in the walls or ceilings.
- Damage – Mice have teeth that grow continuously and will gnaw on wood, plastic, cables and other hard materials.
Rats are well known for spreading diseases. Damage to property can also be very costly due to their constant and persistent gnawing.
The basic signs of Rats:
- Scratching – Noises in walls, under the floor or under decking and/or in lofts.
- Faeces – They leave dark, tapered (sausage shaped) droppings about 1 – 2cm long.
- Distinctive smell – Rats leave an ammonia-like smell that will be particularly strong in enclose areas.
- Damage – They have teeth that grow continuously and they gnaw on plastic, wood and steel. Rats can cause damage to wiring, which in-turn can cause fires.
Wasps can be a nuisance and are noticed in abundance during Spring and Summer months. The nest should never be treated by an unqualified person as there is a strong possibility of an attack, which can be in the thousands. Most people are not allergic to the venom, but in some cases it can be fatal.
The basic signs of Wasps:
- Multiple Wasp movements – i.e. coming in and out of roof tiles or trees.
- Nest – A grey paper-like sphere.
We always eradicate the nest within one visit, however in the unlikely event that we don’t then we will re-treat free of charge. We can remove the nest where possible.
Bedbugs are small insects. All species feed on warm blooded animals. The bedbug that feeds on blood from humans can result in painful bites.
Adult bedbugs are flattish oval in shape, reddish-brown in colour and are the size of an apple pip. They stay close to a food source, so are found in areas where people tend to rest and sleep.
The basic signs of Bedbugs:
- Multiple red bites – Itchy red spots on any part of the body.
- Black faeces – Black markings on the bed frame and/or wooden slats.
- Size – 4-5mm long, oval in shape and flat. Light brown, but become rounder and a darker reddish brown after feeding.
- Breading areas – Anywhere where there is a fresh supply of blood. i.e. Beds, Sofa’s, Office chairs.
The basic signs of Ants:
- Small holes – Found in driveways, patios and gardens with ants patrolling the area, heading in and out of the nest.
- Colour – Black or Red in colour. The red ants are more aggressive and will bite.
- Size – 3-5mm long and are attracted to sweet substances.
To view some of our work and information about pest control systems, please click on the video links below;